Students follow a rich, flexibly-paced curriculum offering guided by highly-qualified subject area teachers, a teacher advisor, and online teaching staff. We emphasize interdisciplinary connections throughout the curriculum, and also support students in developing study areas of their own interests. WAVE is a 22 credit, high school diploma program. Student diplomas are issued by the home district.
- Year-round, individualized programming
- Learning community both online and in person
- Strong instructor and student relationships and culture
- Highly individualized curriculum pacing and planning
- Each student is equipped with a computer workstation and internet connectivity in their home, and must schedule classroom time a minimum of two days a week.
The Learning Environment
- Google Apps for Education for communication and collaboration
- Headrush Learning Management System with standards based grading
- Individualized and interdisciplinary learning materials aligned with county wide initiatives such as adolescent literacy supports and Assessment Literacy
- Nationally recognized offerings such as Big History Project (Gates Foundation initiative) and others
- Scheduled, consistent on-site time with curriculum support for all Michigan Merit Curriculum content areas